Chemical peels are used to improve the appearance of the skin. In this treatment, a chemical solution is applied to the skin, which creates a peeling effect. The new, regenerated skin, is usually smoother and less wrinkled that the old skin.
Chemical peels are typically performed on the face, neck, or hands.
They can be used to:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage, aging, and hereditary factors
- Improve the appearance of mild scarring
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches due to pregnancy or birth control pills (melasma)
- Improve the look and feel of skin that is dull in texture and color
Chemical peels are performed in our facility as an outpatient procedure.